(as of Nov 23,2020 20:46:29 UTC – Details)
Let’s name our emotions,
Through the alphabet.
We’ll see kids dealing with feelings,
With family, friends and pets!
What you will find inside the book:
• The alphabet with each letter assigned to an emotion for a total of 26 emotions, including 26 Individual Poses designed to develop emotional intelligence and 26 corresponding Social Scenes designed to develop social intelligence and social skills.
• 26 Individual Poses: Each Individual Pose shows a child expressing an emotion through nonverbal cues such as facial expressions and body language.
• 26 Social Scenes: Each Social Scene conveys an emotion in a realistic social situation involving family, friends, and pets in a variety of age-appropriate settings.
• Each Individual Pose matches a Social Scene so kids discover 26 nuanced emotions including the basics (afraid, angry, happy, etc.) to modern, complex emotions (distracted, overwhelmed, etc.) in individual and social contexts.
• A nice large format (8.5″x11″ size) for young kids with small hands.
Who and how it helps:
• Aids Parents, Therapists, Teachers, and Caregivers: Counselors and Psychologists use this book in therapy, teachers use it in the classroom to teach empathy and social skills, and parents use it as conversation starters to connect with their children or simply as an educational aid in child development.
• Supports emotional health and connection: Kids discover a wide range of 26 emotions which builds empathy, self and other awareness, interpersonal connection, and models ways to express needs.
• Teaches empathy: When you have empathy, you can better understand another person’s emotions and actions. Empathy broadens our perspective, improves communication, better enables collaboration, and deepens relationships.